Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
red bell pepper, chopped
cup chopped onion
teaspoon salt, divided
teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Place catfish in mixture, turning to coat on all sides; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add corn, lima beans, red pepper, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, remaining salt, and remaining black pepper. Remove catfish from marinade and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter with oil. Saute catfish 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp. Serve topped with succotash.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated
© 2011 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated
All rights reserved